Home of Non-League Betting|Tuesday, July 26, 2016
You are here: Home » National League North » National League North Review – Saturday 29th August 2015

National League North Review – Saturday 29th August 2015 

Solihull Moors preserved their unbeaten beginning of the current Vanarama National League North campaign following a hard-earned 2-1 success against a still winless Alfreton Town at the Autotech Stadium on Saturday.

The Reds split the deadlock one minute prior to half-time when an Andi Thanoj corner arrived at Jamie Jackson by way of a deflection and he shot beyond Danny Lewis. However, their lead was short-lived as, merely 2 minutes inside the second half the home team equalised through Draryl Knights. And the Moors scored what turned out to be the winner through Michael Nottingham just short of the hour-mark.

Besides Alfreton, three additional clubs, Curzon Ashton, AFC Telford United and Bradford Park Avenue are all yet to find a victory in this season.

Newly-promoted Curzon suffered a 2-0 Tameside Stadium defeat to AFC Fylde, who happened to also be one of our tips this weekend. Richie Baker placed the Coasters ahead quickly from the penalty spot after just 7 minutes gone. The visitors` increased their lead after twenty minutes thanks to Dominic Collins and held on to all three points.

Rob Smith`s initial game back as boss of AFC Telford resulted in defeat at the hands of Gloucester City. Nevertheless the former Hednesford Town manager would’ve been satisfied with his team`s performance if not the actual result. Had it not been for a man-of-the-match performance from Gloucester goalie Jasbir Singh, the final result may actually have been completely different. Telford lost ultimately from a goal close to the stroke of half-time when a free-kick through Joe Hanks found its way directly into the back of the net.

North Ferriby United gained a point during an eight-goal thriller despite playing the final half an hour with ten-men after Nathan Hotte saw red against Bradford Park Avenue at the Horsfall Stadium. The home team had taken control after quarter of an hour following an excellent delivery provided by Nathan Turner that found Chib Chilaka, and the striker headed home from close range.

However, the Avenue’s advantage survived for merely 5 minutes. A mazy run from Curtis Bateson saw the striker go by three players, and he placed the ball towards the bottom corner from ten yards out. The hosts renewed the lead from the restart by means of Chilaka who discovered himself one-on-one together with the Villagers` goalkeeper Adam Nicklin. Following that, the Villagers struck Avenue with a couple of rapid goals.

To begin with, a cross provided by left-back Josh Wilde arrived at Tom Denton, and the striker located the back of the net from twelve yards, with the aid of the inside of the upright. Ryan Kendall made it 4-2 following defensive mix-up with 3 minutes still left of the half. Richard Marshall curled a wonderful right-footed attempt straight into the top corner from 25 yards to cut back the deficit to a single goal on 56 minutes.

Nathan Hotte, was given a straight red card following a late foul on Chilaka, the Former Avenue player was making his first appearance since departing the football club and he had only been brought on as a substitute at half-time. Soon after the dismissal, Chilaka netted his hat-trick which made it 4-4 after 68 minutes.

Promoted Corby Town are likewise yet to experience defeat within the higher division since last season`s advancement but ended up being held to a 2-2 draw by Lowestoft Town at Crown Meadow.

Jake Reed placed the Trawlerboys ahead during the 13th minute, he locked onto a long ball over the top and lobbed Paul Walker only for Corby to generate the initiative along with the lead just before half-time with goals coming from Spencer Weir-Daley after quarter of an hour followed by Ashley Sammons goal 3 minutes prior to the brake. Lowestoft then survived a disallowed goal at the beginning of the second half, and it was left to Ryan Jarvis to save the day during the 86th minute with a wonderful finish, closing a three-match losing streak for Lowestoft Town.

Nuneaton Town also remain unbeaten, just as hosts Tamworth, following a dramatic 1-1 draw between the two clubs at The Lamb. It turned out being travelling Boro who split the deadlock eleven minutes after half-time when Cieron Keane whipped in a cross towards the back post finding an unmarked Aaron Williams to head home. But player-manager Andy Morrell emerged off the bench to secure a point on 90 minutes.

After enduring back-to-back 3-1 defeats, Stalybridge Celtic rebounded back to surprise Stockport County at Edgeley Park. A remarkable opening forty-five minutes witnessed County have Glenn Rule and goalie Danny Hurst sent-off within 5 minutes of one another to leave the home side with a huge challenge.

They held out up until the hour-mark when defender Jack Higgins put Celtic ahead using his head to put the ball beyond Stockport`s emergency keeper, in the form of midfielder Karl Ledsham. Ben McKenna volleyed in the second with 20 minutes left followed by Adam Farrell adding the third 5 minutes from the end.

Harrogate Town are up to third place within the National League North table following a hard-fought 1-0 win at Victory Park versus Chorley. The sole goal of the game arrived 7 minutes prior to half-time from Paul Clayton.

Nick Bignall scored the important goal as Gainsborough Trinity obtained a rare home triumph over rivals Boston United. Bignall scored during the 66th minute to settle a close encounter as the Pilgrims felt defeat at the Northolme for the first time in a competitive fixture since 1996.

Brackley Town halted their run of four matches without victory by defeating fourth-bottom side Worcester City 2-0 at St James`s Park. Steve Diggin provided the Saints with the lead after 28th minutes. And success for Jon Brady`s men was all but won on 63 minutes along with a second goal coming from the head of Pablo Mills.

FC United of Manchester acquired a second win after seeing off managerless Hednesford Town at Keys Park. While in front of an audience of 927, goals provided by Craig Lindfield after only 6 minutes, Nia Bayunu 2 a few minutes after half-time and Sean Cooke with 5 minutes left sealed a superb win for Karl Marginson`s team.

Recommended Bookmakers