Home of Non-League Betting|Saturday, July 2, 2016
You are here: Home » National League South » National League South Review - Saturday 29th August 2015

National League South Review - Saturday 29th August 2015 

Its a great time to be a Bath City fan as the Romans made it six wins from six games with a 5-0 win against Havant & Waterlooville in the Vanarama National League South on Saturday, marking the club’s best-ever start to a league campaign and they now lead the table by five points.

Dave Pratt scored after 12 minutes and Andy Watkins on 29 minutes and the pair hit again following the interval with goals in the 65th and 73rd minutes, Frankie Artus adding the fifth with 10 minutes on the clock.

At the other end of the table Oxford City put an end to their winless home record with victory over the division’s bottom side Weston-super-Mare.

Bradley Bubb put the home side ahead with his fourth of the season just before the half-hour mark, but Oxford had to wait nervously until the very final minutes of the game when Alejandro Santiago (87 minutes) and Luke Coulson (88 minutes) popped up with goals to put the three points beyond doubt, the Seagulls have lost five from five and face league leaders Bath City on Monday.

Ebbsfleet United remain unbeaten and are second with a game in hand but had to fight back from two goals down to earn a point against Whitehawk at Stonebridge Road.

Whitehawk took the lead with goals from David Ijaha after 21 minutes following Sam Deering’s missed spot-kick and on 37 minutes Sam Deering rifled home a brilliant shot past Hall from the edge of the box.

Ebbsfleet boss McMahon took off Parkes and Kissock at the interval and sent on Matt Godden and Danny Haynes. Godden pulled one back on 54 minutes and Haynes scored to level the score 12 minutes from time earning the Fleet a point.

Our betting tip from the Vanarama National League South on Saturday was Gosport Borough, and they continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 3-1 win over Truro City at Privett Park.

But they had to come back from goal down to win after a 27th minute Matt Wright goal gave Truro the lead. Captain Brett Poate put Borough level in the 35th minute, taking the sides into the break all-square. Gosport came out in the second-half a different side and their dominance saw Ben Harding put them in front on 64 minutes and 2 minutes later Dan Wooden added a third.

Dave Tarpey’s hit the only goal as Maidenhead United picked up their third league win of the season at Hemel Hempstead Town, Ben Wright hit the bar from a Harry Pritchard cross as Maidenhead started the second half on the front foot but the goal a minute before half-time proved enough to earn Alan Devonshire`s side all three points at Vauxhall Road.

Nathan Collier scored on the half-hour mark to make it four successive wins for Eastbourne Borough against Maidstone United at Priory Lane, United finished a man down after Steve Watt went off injured.

Its now six games without a win for Basingstoke Town this season after losing 3-0 away at Hayes & Yeading United.

Elliott Benyon gave Hayes a a 7th minute lead with glancing header from Alex Osborn’s cross, Jake Nicholson doubled the lead after 25 minutes with a 30-yard free-kick and Osborn made sure of the points with a third goal 15 minutes from time.

Defeat for St Albans City at Melbourne Stadium against Chelmsford City, leaves the Saints’ winless this season.

Billy Bricknell opened the scoring for Chelmsford 2 minutes before the break. 11 minutes after the re-start Louis Theophanous then brought the sides level before Bricknell tapped home a Hugo Skepelhorn cross to give the Clarets the win on the hour-mark.

Margate slumped to a 2-0 defeat at home to ten-man Dartford. Lee Noble headed in a cross from Barry Cogan for the Darts just before the half-hour mark.

A reckless Lee Burns challenge on David Hunt saw him sent-off but the visitors doubled their lead with 20 minutes to go when Elliot Bradbrook tapped in after a corner.

Margate manager Terry Brown kept his players in the dressing room for almost an hour after the defeat, which leaves them still looking for their first win of the season following four games without a goal.

Wealdstone are also still looking for their first win of the campaign after going down 5-2 to Sutton United at the Borough Sports Ground.

Jamie Collins put the U`s ahead in the third minute and Dan Fitchett then doubled that in the 22nd minute, four minutes later Michael Spillane added a third. A Dan Spence own goal reduced the score on 33 minutes, however six minutes before half-time Craig Dundas restored Sutton`s three-goal lead. Odoi Hudson scored a second for the Stones four minutes after the restart, but Dundas hit his second in the final minute for Sutton.

Bishops Stortford came from behind to beat Concord Rangers at the ProKit UK Stadium thanks to Elliott Buchanan’s second hat-trick of the season.

The Beachboys took an early 6th minute lead thanks to Joe Gardner but Buchanan levelled after 35 minutes. Buchanan give the Blues the lead again with a well-taken penalty three minutes after the break only for a Steve King header to put the game level with 12 minutes left. But Buchanan completed his hat-trick scoring again from the spot to win it in stoppage time for Rod Stringer`s men.

Recommended Bookmakers